Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meet My Art Philosophy Turkey

So, I had an idea to create a 3D Turkey out of shapes found on the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  This blog post will highlight how to create him, so I thought that I would start out by introducing him...


He is quite simple to create.  First, I cut 6 - 3" scalloped circles, scored and folded them in half.  I glued each half completely to the next, but did not join the last two.


I then moved on to creating the feathers.  Setting my size dial to 3", I cut 7 of each the Petal2 and its layer.  I glued the petals and layers together, and arranged and glued them as seen below.






The next step is to make the head by cutting out 6, scalloped ovals at 1".  Repeat same scoring, folding, and gluing as with the body, but glue the last two halves closed.


Next, I made the beak by cutting out 2 Petal1 at .75".  I inked them and folded them slightly before attaching them together.


I then cut out the shift font layer of Banner5 at 1" for the waddle.


The last pieces that I cut out were for the top hat.  I cut  two circles at .75 and 1" and two 1" rectangles.  I rolled the rectangles to give them dimension. 



Glue the two now rounded rectangles onto the smaller circle.


Flip it and glue onto the bigger circle.  Voila!  Tophat complete.


To finish, I glued the open part of the body to the feathers, the head to the body and the tophat to the head.  I then added two .25" circles for eyes, and added the beak and the waddle.  Remember, if you would like to purchase the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge or any of the supplies for making the Turkey, you can click here to shop at MyCTMH website.


 

1 comment: