Tuesday, April 9, 2013

CTMH Chantilly - Superbly Simple Cards

 Today I got the urge to play with the 3D bows available on the CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge.  I had a small piece of Chantilly paper laying around, so I got to work.  Using the bow on page 55 of the Artiste handbook, I set my size dial to 1".  I cut all of the pieces needed to complete the floral bow at 1".  The pieces came out perfectly.  The green bow, below, was my learning curve attempt.  I did not realize at first that I should keep the dial at 1", and I decided I wanted the "tails" about 1.25" long.  Instead they were cut proportionately for a 1.25" bow, and they turned out about 2" long.  I still liked them though, so I used them.
Using White Daisy cardstock, I simply embossed the top of the card front using my Cuttlebug.  The sayings come from the CTMH stamp set Hooray Bouquet.  A 1/2" strip of coordinating cardstock attached to the cardfront, followed by the bow complete these simple cards.  Hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment