Friday, June 9, 2017

Hello Foxy for Joyful Stars Blog Hop

Welcome to my GIRLplusPAPER blog entry for the Joyful Stars blog hop!
If you have arrived here from Krista's Crafty Corner, you are on the right track.
I really wanted to create something with CTMH's June Stamp of the Month, Hello Foxy.  I had been dreaming up a scrapbooking layout to be honest.  I set out to create, and I hit a creative roadblock.  (You see, school is still in session here.  We are still very busy with projects, studying for final exams, hosting class parties, attending never ending field days, trips and oh so many stressful things!  Including the fact that I am trying to get the house clean before my inlaws visit in 12 days!  And I will shortly be leaving for Salt Lake City, Utah for CTMH's annual convention.  I still need to create a suite of projects to present at convention, all while trying to keep a hold on my housework...yikes!)

So, instead of a layout, you will see a card that I literally threw together!

I began by stamping the wreath and sentiment from Hello Foxy.  I colored it in using CTMH Watercolor Pencils.  Why colored pencils, well because I couldn't find the right black ink to use our ShinHan markers with!  I layered papers from two different paper packs as my base.  First, the red plaid paper from CTMH Jack, followed by the ever so trendy wood grain paper from CTMH No Worries.  I love that we can mix paper packs and that they play so well together.  I finished the card with some CTMH ribbon and Gold Sequins Assortment.  And done!  I promise to have some amazing artwork to share when I return from convention, so please stop back for next month's hop.
Here is an image of the entire Hello Foxy stamp of the month set.  It can be yours for only $5 with a qualifying purchase during the month of June, or it can be purchased outright for $17.95.  If you love it, don't delay, because these little foxes won't be found come July 1st!
 
Now please hop along to see what Nickie has in store for you at Live Scrap Love.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love how you colored the wreath and the ombré color on "hi" is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - I like how you used paper from two different packs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. Have fun at convention.

    ReplyDelete