Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Snowflake SVG Files


I love to make paper rosettes to use as embellishments on just about everything that can be embellished.  Not too long ago I had this idea pop into my head to take the paper rosette idea to a whole new level and create (drum roll, please) SNOWFLAKES!!!  I could not find a single example of my idea come to life anywhere, so I set out to design my own SVG files and cut them out using Sure Cuts A Lot software.  The design aspect drove me crazy because it had to be mathematically precise in order to create the six sided design that can be folded and still line up perfectly.  I have even designed solid images that can be layered along with matching shapes to cover up the middle of the snowflakes.  I decided to dress up the snowflakes that I am sharing today with some vintage buttons and bling for some sparkle. I am hoping to offer the SVG files for sale shortly.  So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to my first five "Flakey" designs.  I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment