Sunday, April 9, 2017

CTMH Live Beautifully for the Joyful Stars April 2017 Blog Hop

Welcome to my entry in the Joyful Stars blog hop for April!
If you have arrived here from my friend Krista's blog, Krista's Crafty Corner, you are on the right track.
I wanted to share a special card with you on this installment of our hop.  You might be wondering why I am saying it is special...that's because I am giving you a sneak peek.  Shhhh!  The white paper will the beautiful gold embossing is one of the papers featured in our not yet available paper pack that is for CTMH's National Scrapbooking Day campaign, Live Beautifully.  It will not be available for purchase until May 1st, and I will update the links on this very post at that time. 

In addition to the CTMH Live Beautifully paper packet, I used a number of CTMH products to make this pretty card.  The "love" cutout was made using our Gold Glitter Paper along with our Love Thin Cuts metal die.  I used Raspberry Cardstock for my base layer and also for cutting out the stunning rose from our CTMH Flower Market Cricut Cartridge.  (BTW, this cartridge has over 700 images and has oh so much more than flowers!)  Before assembling the rose, I stamped it with a stamp to make the dots. The stamp was also from my CTMH Flower Market bundle.  I used tone on tone stamping with Raspberry Ink.  The center was cut from Lemon cardstock, and the leaf from New England Ivy cardstock.  A piece of ribbon from our Enchantment Ribbon Pack gave the card a little more color and texture.  I finished the rose by giving the petal edges a swipe with our Gold Shimmer Brush.

I am the last blog for this month's hop.  Please hop back to the beginning if you would like.  Here is the link to Joyce's blog, Joyful Creations.  Thank you for stopping by to see me, and be sure to check back for more projects soon!




I have added a few photos taken during the creation of my rose.  I am also going to share my Cricut Design Space Flower Market rose file with you.  This rose is the actual size that I used for my A2 sized card.  Please save my file by choosing "save as" and saving it to your own account.  Please note that you will need to have your own copy of the CTMH Flower Market Cricut cartridge in order to cut out my rose.  If you would like to purchase the cartridge, you may click here.  My Cricut Design Space File is:  https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/57449470

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I always look forward to seeing what your creation will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card using the new paper. I love the raspberry/white/ gold color combination too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. I like how vibrant the colors look together too.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous flower! Love the dots you stamped on the paper. Love the card. Can't wait for May 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! :) I think one of my favorite things about our word thin cuts...is cutting them out of glitter paper...it adds so much to any creation! Thanks for sharing your close up photos too!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete