Monday, December 10, 2018

CTMH Wonder of the Season Card

I was once again inspired by a sketch that I found on Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, number 502.
I wanted to go far away from traditional Christmas colors, as well as really bright whimsical colors too.  So, although CTMH has given us two really cool Christmas paper suites to create with this year, I decided to play with an everyday paper suite called Boutique.  And do you know what pairs beautifully with Boutique?  Sugarplum, CTMH's Color of the Year.
Not exactly what one would think of right away for a Christmas card, but I wanted a challenge.  I knew that the flower on the sketch would come from our CTMH Wonder of the Season stamp set.  I have loved this set since CTMH was kind enough to send it to me back in June to create with in my role as CTMH Convention Extravaganza Presenter.   Such an honor!!!  I also knew that the sentiment from the set would work beautifully stamped within the 3" circle.  My poinsettia was stamped with Intense Black Ink and colored with our Watercolor Pencils and Clear Shimmer Brush.

When I looked at my Thin Cuts collection, the only circle quite as big as the sketch called for was from my Shaker Window and Confetti Thin Cuts, and so of course I had to go there!  Using one of my Shaker Foam and Acetate sets, along with some Silver Loose Sequins, the shaker element of my card was born.  

To finish off my card, I added a strip of Sugarplum Glitter Paper that I cut using the Decorative Borders Thin Cuts, a few Sugarplum Glitter Gems, and some Silver Embellishing Thread.

Wow!  It took me some much longer to write up this blog post than it did to make that card!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment