Saturday, February 9, 2019

Oh Snap! Layout for the Joyful Stars Blog Hop

Oh Snap! I have made a layout from my heart today for the Joyful Stars Blog Hop.  If you have arrived here from Betty's blog, you are on the right track!  

This layout is built upon so many CTMH Thin Cuts die cuts, and prominently features Stitched Rectangle Frame Thin Cuts.  But wait, let's go back to the beginning, I am getting ahead of myself.  

I began with a patterned piece of cardstock from the Feels Like Home paper pack.  I then pulled out a sheet of Linen cardstock, trimmed it down to an 11.5 square, and adhered it to the base.  I randomly stamped in Pebble Ink with the floral stamps from the Love Blossoms Stamp Set. I splattered some Watercolor Paint onto my page too, for added texture.  Next, I pulled out small pieces of Seasons Mix In paper that I had left over from last year.  I used the Decorative Borders Thin Cuts to make the cute little elements on them.  You might notice some of the Decorative Borders more clearly in the close ups below.

CTMH Rectangle Frames Thin Cuts Layout
I adhered down my photo and began to build.  I used all three sizes of Stitched Rectangle Frame Thin Cuts, and even put one popped up over my photo.  The other two anchored my Butterflies that were stamped and die cut from my Butterfly Friendship Stamp + Thin Cuts set. I colored the butterflies using my Watercolor Pencils and my Clear Shimmer Brush.
CTMH Rectangle Frames Thin Cuts Layout
I used my Stitched Heart Thin Cuts to make all of the different hearts that you see throughout my layout.  Some little Clear Sparkles dot the layout to help with embellishment.  The title was cut from Gold Glitter Paper, but it was just two words that I typed in CDS and welded together.  The last element that I added was the stamped "my heart", which also came from the Love Blossoms stamp set.
CTMH Rectangle Frames Thin Cuts Layout
I think this picture, above, really highlights the stamped florals from the Love Blossom set.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!  Next up on the hop is the talented Marie.  Please visit her blog, NJ Stamping Queen, to see what she has in store for you today!

10 comments:

  1. Oh your layout is gorgeous! I love the butterflies and the stitched rectangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty! I love both of those products of ours too!

      Delete
  2. This is just beautiful! The layout couldn't be more perfect! I love all the little details and the color combo! And the photo is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a funny story behind the photo too. The little girl belongs to my friend Gina. Her little one went to my daughters high school for a program. Although they are years apart, these girls love each other. The photo was taken and sent to Gina, but my daughter got in trouble for taking it. Everything was fine though, once the teacher saw the picture was sent to Gina!

      Delete
  3. Lovely layout, Andrea! I love how beautifully you colored the butterflies and the use of the stitched rectangles.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, love the use of the stitched frames.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use those beautiful stitched frames! :) Love your butterflies & all the little details you added to your page. What a treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete