Monday, September 26, 2011

Easel Card

As I promised, here is my take on the easel card made with an Art Philosophy card shape.  I started by cutting Square4 at 4.25", and its card counterpoint at 4". 


Then, I folded the card along its score lines, and folded the front back over itself.


  Spread plenty of glue over that newly created flap.


Attach the 4.25" Square4 to the glued flap.  Be careful that the main part of the card is not visible from behind the newly attached shape, as seen below.  This is a view from behind.


 Cut your B&T Duos paper into a 4" Square4.  I then cut it down the middle, so that I could use both sides on my card front.


Like this...


Glue it onto the front of your card.  I also cut a piece of the border strip and created two tiny flowers.

Here is the finished  easel card.  I have stamped the front with the black cat, added some embellishment and put that border strip down behind it all.  Most importantly, I added a piece of the B&T Duos inside the card to "catch" the card front and make it stand.  (And I simply used the negative piece left behind when I cut the 4.25" Square4, and just trimmed it to make it fit.  I believe in using just about every scrap if I can!)  Remember, you can adapt this idea for just about all of the card shapes on the Art Philosophy cartridge.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I have printed it out so I can create one soon! :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, thanks for the lovely inspirations and ideas, I love love love my Cricut, it's probably the one thing I would save if I my house was on fire !!! Seriously though your blog is super, I just wish we could get the Art Philosophy cartridge in the UK. Lovely lovely work Andrea, I am now a follower, so keep up the good work. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Display easels are really nice. I wish I can have it. =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete